Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

4 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dragonborn - Page 3 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:00 am

Keen gave a polite nod and said "shall we head out then?"

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 3 Empty Fyre

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:02 am

Looking to the sky, a sudden chill came over Fyre and he shivered. Something was up, he could feel it, but he had no idea what it was.

Shaking the feeling off, "Let's go." He said shortly.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:20 am

The group set off, and Elwyn trailed behind the others. She had pointed them in the right direction, so it's not like she needed to lead or anything. She came up beside Fyre as they walked, and motioned to his head again.

"You alright?" She motioned to a small red mark on his head from when she hit him earlier. She had already apologized, but she couldn't help herself from feeling just a little bad.

Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:24 am

"I'm fine." Fyre smiled, "My Mancer training was worse, the teachers had to keep throwing things at me to get my powers to come forwards, they left a few scars." Lifting his hair, he revealed several small pale scars, "They got creative..."

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 am

"Oh, that looks like it hurt..." Elwyn said, inspecting the scars. She didn't know what to say toher than that. 'Sorry to hear that'? It was part of his training, and she didn't really know anything about his lifestyle...

"Where you came from, was everyone there a mancer?"

Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:35 am

"It did, it was designed to get me angry. Every person. People like me, those who controlled earth, wind, water, light, dark, the works. You'd think that we'd be able to take over, but there's enough conflict between people with opposite powers that that's never a problem. I'm really the only Mancer to actually leave our home." Fyre yawned widely and a few flecks of flame jumped off of his tongue.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:41 am

"I didn't grow up with anyone with powers, just some boring old monks. Even if it might have been a little scary, I bet being there to see all these mancers with amazing powers must have been something," Elwyn smiled at the thought. She looked over at the others in the group. She hadn't met too many people with magical powers, and here she was, travelling with two Dragonborn and a mage.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:44 am

"It got boring after a while, to be honest. Especially when there were some that loved to get after you with quicksand, at that point, it was just irritating..." Fyre looked up into the sky, again that chill came over him, he shivered slightly.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 am

"Better than growing up with monks who believed in order and goodness," Elwyn laughed, but then stopped as Fyre shivered.

"You... feeling okay?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:55 am

"I'm fine." He said as he wrapped his cloak around him tighter, "Mancers have a sort of...connected mind. Something must be happening at home, I want to go back, but at the same time I'm bound to this quest."

Feeling he should explain, "Every hundred years, coinciding with the day that the Dragonborn is revealed, a random Mancer is chosen to gain dominion over quintessence or spirit power and it is their duty to find the marked Mancer and bind them to this quest, once they do, their purpose is done and they pass on."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 am

"Oh, well that's... interesting, and a little confusing..." Elwyn admitted, but then stopped. Wait, what did he mean about pass on?

She shook it off, and tried lightening the mood. "Well, I'm glad you're not becoming ill or anything. For a second I thought you were shivering because-- what the hell is that?!" Elwyn had looked up in the sky, much like Fyre had done earlier, but she hadn't been expecting to spot anything. Something big and bird like (at least from what she could see) suddenly flew into view, before swooping down towards them. She realized then that it wasn't a bird, but a small dragon. A wyvern.

"Guys!" She yelled to get the others attention before pointing up into the sky. The wyvern roared as it landed in front of them.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:12 am

Jumping backwards, he unsheathed his blade, small licks of flame jumped off of the metal, "What in the name of-" He was cut of in mid-sentence by the wyvern smashing it's tail into his chest sending him flying through the air for about fifteen feet, and knocking the air right out of him. The blade remained locked in his grip.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:12 am

Keen cursed as the wyvern swooped down at them. "Damnation!" He hissed as he readied his blades. Crossing his blades Keen began an incantation whilst a green, intricately designed circle glowed beneath him "Nuntius caeli! Praecipio tibi coram me, et erumpere colligere potes! Harpy, come forth!" The bird creature from before flew out of the circle, mere inches away from Keen, and immediately attacked the dragon.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 am

"What the hell is a wyvern doing here?!" Elywn yelled out as she held up her staff.

"Clifstánas oþ flánas!"

Pieces of earth rose from the ground and sharpened into they were shaped like spear heads. She waved her staff forward, and the spearheads followed. A few sunk into it's scales, but not nearly deep enough. It's skin was too thick. She looked back at the others to see if they were okay. "Fyre!"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:29 am

Keen, sheathing his blades, went to Fyre's side and asked "are you hurt?" The tail went for another strike, though Keen moved Fyre out of the way and took the blunt of the attack. Surprizingly, Keen wasn't sent flying. He used his hands to stop the tail.

((Minor powerplay, sorry))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 am

"I'm fine. A little like when a teacher of mine threw a boulder at me..."

Fyre watched Keen just stop the tail, "Wow..." Taking an opportunity, he leaped up and began running for the Wyvern, "A little help?" He yelled behind him to everyone else.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 am

Keen did his best to get a good grip on the tail in an attempt to keep it as still as possible, but he ended up being lifted up into the air and then flung over the wyvern. As he flew over it he gasped as he flew at the dragon's open maw.

The dragon got Keen in its mouth and tried to eat him, but Keen took out a blade and stuck it in the wyvern's tongue. Sadly, with the wyvern moving around he couldn't get a good enough footing to leap out.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:58 am

"On it! Repelas oþ beaduléoman!" The staff in Elwyn's hand glowed brightly, before the light started shifting, and solidifying into the shape of a sword. She ran forward and slashed down at the Wyverns tail. It sliced it deeper than her projectiles earlier, but still not enough to cut it off... She figured it was at least injured badly, though.

The wyvern roared in pain, it's mouth hopefuly open enough for Keen to get out, and kicked it's back it's hind leg. It's claws dug into her as Elwyn was kicked back, and sent flying backwards. She hit the ground, rolling for a bit before digging her hand into the ground to stop herself. She made a mental note to stay behind next time; fighting at the front line was definitely not for her.

She picked up her staff with one hand as her other covered the wound on her side to stop the bleeding. It wasn't too bad; or at least thats what she decided to tell herself.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 am

Keen took the opportunity and escaped the mouth, slicing at its nose as he leapt away.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 am

Taking advantage of the distracted wyvern, Fyre leaped up onto it's shoulder and plunged his blade deep into the exposed flesh of it's neck right above it's collarbone. He twisted the blade where it lay and the wyvern roared loudly right in his ear, grimacing, he said a word and the metal of his blade burst into a roaring infernal.

The wyvern finally fell backwards dead, ripping the sword from it's neck, Fyre leapt down.

In it's death throes, the wyvern's claws sliced Fyre's left arm from elbow to shoulder. Leaping backwards away from the wyvern, he bit back a hiss of pain as he clapped his hand over the wound.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:09 am

Keen landed with a grunt and shook his head. He sheathed his blade and muttered how useless his Harpy was before repeating the incantation from before "Requiem nunc amicus. Peractum tibi perficiat munus. Ad tuum mundi in pacem." Keen looked at the others, wiping away yet another nosebleed, and asked "who is hurt?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 3 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:44 am

Fendrel walked with the group in silence, still etching away a few notes in his book. He was so lost in his task that he didn't so much as notice that a wyvern had arrived up until it nearly took his head off with a tail swing.

Backing up, he prepared a few of his practiced spells for a moment. Seeing the others have at it, though, caused him to feel a bit useless in this situation. Dispelling his own magic, he stepped out of the 'battlefield', pulling the book and quill over to him and taking notes on everyone's abilities.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before the wyvern fell onto it's back, nothing more than a corpse at this stage. With a sigh, Fendrel returned his book and quill to his pack, looking to the group.

"Ehm...I'm still alright, you lot tend to your own wounds," he commented.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:59 am

Elwyn scoffed at Fendrel. "I know you're supposed to be all scholarly and such, but I saw you earlier, with your magic ready to attack Keen. You could have helped," She didn't mean to sound so mean, but it was hard talking through gritting teeth, her hand still on her wound. Okay, maybe it was worse than she thought.

"I'm good, someone shoudl tend to Fyre." Elwyn let herself fall onto her knees as she opened up her pouch and pulled out a small roll of bandages. Her hands fumbled as she worked to unbuckle the leather armour around her torso so she could wrap it with bandages properly, though her fingers were refusing to cooperate with her properly so it took longer than usual.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 3 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 am

Fendrel rolled his eyes, his mind quickly trying to think of an excuse to his actions, "Ehm...right. Fat lot of good *pushing* would have done to a wyvern of all things," he replied neutrally.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:20 am

Elwyn paused in bandaging herself up to look up at Fendrel. She sighed.

"Sorry, I just... sorry if I seem..." She sighed again, not sure how to get across that she doesn't mean to sound reprimending or harsh. She had gotten some of her armour off and was looking at the bandages.

"Actually, can someone help me? I don't think I can keep pressure on this and bandage it at the same time." And she could feel the blood pooling and caking on her skin. Gross.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:39 am

Gritting his teeth, Fyre cauterized his wound with a small spark of flame on the tip of his finger, "That...burns..." He chuckled at his pun.

Getting up, he returned the blade to it's sheath, "Here, I'll help." He said as he walked over to Elwyn. Placing pressure on her wounds, he waited for her to finish bandaging.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 am

Elwyn grit her teeth together as Fyre's hand replaced her own over the wound on her side. "Thanks," she said, noticing his hands were warm. She wondered if it was because he was just using fire earlier, or if it had something to do with him being a mancer.

She wound the bandages around her middle a few times before cutting it and tying it. She smiled at Fyre in gratitude before looking at his arm. "Is yours okay? You got hurt pretty bad." She held up the rest of the bandages, incase he wanted to use them.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am

"Nah. It's fine. This is a scratch compared the kind of things I had to put up with at home... Let's just say I wasn't the most popular Mancer there." Fyre smiled, got up and offered his hand to help her up.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 am

Elwyn took his hand as he pulled her up to her feet, picking up her staff and armour along the way. She pulled the leather on and buckled it up again.

"That's not a very comforting thought," she said, wondering what kind of life they lived there. She smiled once more before turning to look at the others, wondering if they were also okay. She knew Fendrel was fine, but she hadn't checked to see if Keen was okay.

When her gaze rested on the wound on the wyverns neck, she pointed her thumb in it's direction. "Good hit, by the way."
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

He just shrugged, "Thanks. Keen, you okay?"

Then muttering to himself, "Why in the name of hell did that wyvern attack us? We're no where near a nest or anything."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next