Dragonborn

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Vilkas on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:34 pm

"The trees may offer some shelter from the rain as we travel" Keen pointed out, nodding in agreement

Vilkas

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2012-06-10

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:39 am

Fendrel nodded once, "Lead on, I've got nowhere better to go," he commented, chuckling.

The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:04 am

"Okay, let's get moving." Elwyn nodded to the others, hurrying off the path and into the woods. As soon as they were under the cover of the trees, she noticed a slight let up in the rain. She looked up, just as a large drop of water fell onto her nose, and she spluttered and decided to keep her head down from now on.

"Keep an eye out, not sure how safe these woods are." Elwyn reminded.

Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 am

Fyre chuckled, "The woods are safer than the road it would seem."

evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 am

"I swear that road is cursed or something," Elwyn muttered as she picked up the bottoms of her skirt and wrung it out. Even though it would continue to get wet, at least she relieved a little of the heavy weight.

Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:59 am

"Aside from myself, I'll dry off everyone the best I can." Clapping his hands together, he conjured a large and hot fireball, cradling it in his hands, he held it at arm length for everyone to stand by.

Though rain still came down through the canopy, the fire caused the water to evaporate before it got close.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 am

Fendrel chuckled, his hand quickly drawing a white glyph in the air above him for but a moment before a glowing 'disc' hovered above the group, blocking out the rain a few metres above them and letting it hit the ground a bit of a distance away from them. "Alright, everyone feel free to take the time and dry off," he commented, letting the disc hover of it's own accord.
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Vilkas on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Keen shook as much rain out of his hair as he could. His clothes could wait, he was used to rough travel, but nothing was worse than distorted vision in a fight.

_________________
Chester come to school and said,
"Durn, I growed another head."
Teacher said, "It's time you knowed
The word is 'grew' instead of 'growed.'"

- Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
avatar
Vilkas

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 23
Location : On my ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 am

Elwyn looked up at the glyph that hovered above them. "Huh. That's useful. I hope it's not too draining." Elwyn didn't know how Fendrel's magic worked that much, but she guessed it was probably similar to her own, where the longer or stronger something is the more it drains from you. It's not a nice feeling either, feeling completely drained.

(( I don't know where to bring this until we get to the temple, so if anyone has any long term or short term plot ideas shout them out ))
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Vilkas on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 am

Keen ran his fingers through his hair and asked "do we know what we must do once we get to the shrine?"

_________________
Chester come to school and said,
"Durn, I growed another head."
Teacher said, "It's time you knowed
The word is 'grew' instead of 'growed.'"

- Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
avatar
Vilkas

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 23
Location : On my ass

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 am

Fendrel chuckled, "No worries, this thing's a very basic shield, so it's not entirely draining. This spell in particular drains me at a rate based on how heavy whatever it's blocking hits it, so unless a rock drops from the sky on it we'll be fine."

He turned to Keen briefly, realizing that despite all his study on the Dragonborn he couldn't quite remember exactly what they were actually supposed to do at the shrines. Keeping silent, he hoped that either Elwyn or Fyre would respond.
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:02 am

Fyre shook his head, "None of the books or scrolls I've read said anything about what the Dragonborn actually does at the shrine, but I think I might have a guess. The shrine itself was built to house words of incredible power, and in order to protect them, the Ancients probably erected barriers, trials and some sort of guardian to guard the keys to the Archdemon's death."

Extinguishing the flame, the heat still strong, he looked around, then looking to Elwyn, "How close are we to the monastery?"
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 am

"Well don't jinx it," Elwyn replied to Fendrel, amusement lacing her words.

She turned to look at Fyre when he spoke, and nodded. "The monks might know, but again, only true Dragonborn are actually allowed in, so I'm not sure we can trust what they tell us," Elwyn frowned, wondering if she'd be able to go with them deep into the shrine. It would suck if she and Fendrel had to wait outside.

"It's pretty close. Once we get out of the woods we should find the path again, and it will bring us straight there. We'll probably get their faster than I thought, since we're not sticking to the road," she supplied, "so we might get there later tonight, if we don't encounter any trouble or break for too long."

(( If you guys wanted to, we could do a mini time skip, but then that would mean the day was uneventful so it's only a suggestion if you don't have any better ideas. ))
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Keen

Post  Vilkas on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 am

"It would seem our path is clear" Keen replied

((I'm cool with a timeskip))

_________________
Chester come to school and said,
"Durn, I growed another head."
Teacher said, "It's time you knowed
The word is 'grew' instead of 'growed.'"

- Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
avatar
Vilkas

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 23
Location : On my ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum