Dragonborn

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 am

Every century, a few chosen humans with a strange symbol on the back of their hands are born. It's the symbol of a Dragonborn, a being who has the power to learn the words of old, and harness their powers. But they are not born without a reason, for every century, a powerful demon called the Archdemon is reincarnated into a new form. It's ultimate goal is to spread chaos and death across the land, and the people of the world have come to rely on the powers of the chosen Dragonborn to save them.

Though Dragonborns are chosen at birth, the symbols indicating that they are Dragonborn do not always appear right at the beginning. Some may wake up one day at the age of 7, or 18, or 34 and find that the ancient symbol of the Dragon born has been etched into their skin.

It is a Dragonborns duty, once they are aware that they are one, to travel to three different shrines across the world, and collect the words of wisdom that unlock the powers they need to kill the Archdemon.
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am

Sometimes Elwyn wondered if she had these powers for a reason.

She had never met anyone else who could even understand the old language, let alone speak it and use it's powers to change things. With a few simple words and a wave of her hand, Elwyn could do anything she wanted.

The monks that she grew up with were infuriated with her most of the time, because she would read ancient tablets written in the old language, learn new words, and then destroy things with said words. It wasn't her fault; she didn't know what the words meant until she said them, and somehow the meaning would click inside her head and she would understand. The monks said it was the strangest thing they have seen.

Elwyn chuckled to herself at the memories as she walked down a worn-down path. She travelled now, leaving the monestary two years ago with a heartfelt goodbye, and was heading to a small town she had spotted in the distance. She didn't know why she travelled; all she knew was that she wasn't content with sitting around in a monestary all her life like the monks did, and that maybe she had to go out and find something to make of herself.

"Ic i árærdede sé æppela." She murmured to herself as she held out a hand. A faint light glowed before forming into a ball, and then bursting into the shape of an apple. She smiled to herself and took a bite.

(( If anyone actually knows old English, I apologize for butchering it. ))
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

Yawning widely, Fyre awoke himself from his rest. Tiny wisps of flame escaped his mouth, quickly he clamped it shut, berating himself for losing even the tiniest control over his Mancer abilities.

He wanted to fall back asleep under his warm cloak, but he reminded himself that he had a quest to accomplish. Sticking his head up from the hollow where he had fallen asleep last night, he saw someone eating an apple, he licked his lips, he hadn't eaten for a little while now, at least two days now.

Getting up, he stretched getting the stiffness out of his muscles.

((He's rather close to the path, he prefers to stay out of villages.))
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:46 am

Elwyn walked with her staff in her left hand, and the apple in her right. She was taking another bite out of the apple when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. She wasn't paranoid, but she also wasn't one of the most trustful people, so seeing any sort of sudden movements out of the corner of her eye usually startled her, or at least put her on her guard. She knew she could handle herself, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Which is why she found herself using the apple she had just been eating as a projectile. She threw it towards the figure in the distance as she said, "Diht þín gegangan."

The apple glowed slightly as it connected with her target, hard.

"Come out before I force you out!"

Okay, so maybe Elwyn was a bit paranoid. She hadn't been travelling by herself for that long.

(( Diht þín gegangan = Hit your Target ))
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am

Fyre was suddenly thrown backwards, "OW! By the Archdemon!" He held his head in his hands, ears ringing.

Bouncing up, he spun around, snapped his fingers and created a fireball in the palm of his hand, he aimed it at the person, "The hell was that for?!" He bellowed loudly, small wisps of flame escaping his mouth.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm

"What the hell are you doing sneaking around in the bushes?!" Elwyn yelled in reply, holding up her staff and whispering a small incantation to form a small ball of water in her hands, incase she needed to put something out.

She eyed the guy cautiously. He was in the shadows, but Elwyn could see his light hair and green eyes. She took note of the fire that escaped his mouth and that rose from his hand. It was upturned, and on the back...

Elwyn let the water in her palm fall and splash to the ground, as she exited her fighting stance.

"You're not... are you..." Oh god, did she just attack a Dragonborn? They were suposed to be all-powerful and protect the land from evil and she just threw an apple at his head! She covered her face with her hand, a little mortified by her reckless actions, but too stubborn to apologize.
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:34 pm

"I was freaking sleeping!" Seeing the ball of water, he hissed, "Get that thing away from me!"

He chuckled when she dropped the water, "What? What am I?"
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 pm

"You're a Dragonborn, right?" Elwyn asked to clarify as she stepped a little closer, motioning towards the symbol on the back of his hand, "The monks told me about them, and how they're supposed to be the only ones able to read the old language and defeat the Archdemon, but I never thought I'd meet one..."

She realised she was rambling, and promptly shut her mouth, but her eyes stayed on the symbol on the others hand. She supposed she should apologize, even though the guy was the one creeping around on the side of the road.

Elwyn sighed.

"Sorry... for, you know... chucking an apple at you." She folded her arms across her chest and looked away.

avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

"Yeah, I'm a Dragonborn. And don't worry about the apple, I needed to wake up anyway, that was actually a really good wake up call." He rubbed his head, but smiled at her, "I'm Fyre." He stepped onto the road.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm

"Elwyn," She supplied, a small smile on her features. She swung her staff back and hooked it onto a holder that kept it securely in place. With both her hands free, she held them out in front of her and spoke a few old words.

"þu you árærdedest wínclyster."

A large bundle of grapes appeared in her hands, and she grinned. She should've thought twice about chucked her snack at someone, but it wasn't anything that couldn't easily be remedied. She plucked a grape into her mouth, wishing that she knew how to magic herself an apple tart or something.

"I was about to head into town," Elwyn pointed towards the village in the distance, "just to see what was there. I don't suppose you want to come along...? I mean you probably have important Dragonborn stuff to do, or something."
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Fendrel walked calmly down the path, having just left the nearby town. A novel baring strange text hovered in front of him, held in a blueish-white aura. His eyes moved quickly from left to right, every now and again the page would flip over to the next side. So lost in his reading, he didn't notice what had transpired up ahead of him.

"Hmm...so if I tap into my reserves this way, and manipulate the kinesis just so...nah, nah, picking up one's self is FAR beyond my level of skill...even picking up someone else is too difficult at this point," he muttered to himself as he unknowingly approached the two. He was so absorbed in his task he didn't notice there was indeed someone else on the path until his book bumped against a humanoid shoulder. With his grip and concentration broken, the book fell to the floor in a heap.

"Oh, uh...sorry miss..." he muttered, noticing the female figure in front of him. Tapping into his reserves again, like he had practiced countless times, the book was once more engulfed in the blueish-white aura. It floated back up to his outstretched hand, closing the book in the process.
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 am

"Watch where you're..." Elwyn started to snap, but trailed off when she noticed the newcomer had dropped his book. He had also apologized, so Elwyn bit her tongue and leaned down to help the man pick his book up. Before she could do so though, the man hovered it up himself. She caught a glympse of a few emphasized words in the pages before the man shut it closed.

"You should watch where you're going next time," Elwyn said more politely. She wanted to ask about his magic. He was obviously a mage or some sort, if his clothes told her anything, but weren't mages usually living it up in mage halls, or the great Circle of Magic?
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 am

Fendrel looked to the female for a moment, her words taking a minute to register in his mind. Right, one eye on the road, one eye in the text...forgot about that, he thought to himself. "Yeah, right, ehm...sorry. New spell I'm trying to figure out, far beyond my level of...skill" his voice started to trail off, his gaze shifting between the female and a male he had only just now noticed on the road.

"H-hang on a moment...apparently I'm not the only one here touched by magic. And just as well..." his gaze started to focus on the male, his brow furrowing. His hand moved in a bit of a strange pattern, a bright-white glyph appearing where his hand moved. After the glyph was finished, it began to dissipate, and Fendrel's expression only got ever the more curious. He blinked a few times in confusion, realizing he was in the middle of a sentence when he had casted that spell, "Whomever that Detect Magic spell just detected...they seem to be beyond the skill of a graduate too..."
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 am

Fyre snorted since he had left his home, he had run into one mage and he didn't like him at all, "What do you mean by that?" Snapping his fingers, he summoned another fireball to his hand.

((I'm lost and really have no idea what to post))
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 am

Fendrel squinted, looking to the fireball the male had conjured. "Well, I've got nothing to lose, besides my head, so I'll make my accusation. Please, do tell me if I'm right or wrong, and if I'm wrong...just take it as a compliment. Are you...a Mancer?" he asked, leaning forward a bit, waiting eagerly for the answer.
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 am

Fyre recoiled, he hadn't expected someone from the outside to know of Mancers. Not dispelling the fireball, he nodded, "I am. So what of it?"
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 am

Fendrel's curious expression widened and contorted into a look of excitement and realization. "By. The. Aether..." he muttered, quickly fishing out a book from his pack, accompanied by a quill. Holding both in a blueish-white grip, he started to etch several words onto the pages of the book at a rapid rate. "Pardon me for a moment, sorry. There's barely any sort of notes on your kin back where I come from. This is the chance of a lifetime!" he chuckled excitedly, "The only way this can be beat in any sense of the word would be if you were a, I dunno, a dragon...a dragonborn...I dunno, something there's only something like...ten of, or something. Oh, listen to me, I've gone mental!" he cackled for a moment.


Last edited by The Family God on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:13 am

Again he snorted, "Dragonborn?" Extinguishing the fireball, he turned his hand to show the mage the mark on the back of his hand.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 am

Fendrel looked over to the mark, his chuckle slowly fading away. "By the Aether, that's not fake is it?" he muttered. Closing the book he had been writing away in, he looked to the Mancer, then to the female, trying to regain some semblance of composure. "Well, if you will pardon the intrusion...I would like it very much...if I might accompany the two of you...on your travels. Surely a group such as your own might have need of a mage, a note-taker, or just a scholar?"

Fendrel kept pausing mid-sentence for a while, sweat clearly dropping from his temples as the charade of seeming relatively normal began to escape him.


Last edited by The Family God on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:24 am

Elwyn sneered at Fyre, though neither of the two noticed. What a show off, prancing around with his cool fire abilities and that cool mark on the back of his hand like he was all that...

And yes, she realised that him being a dragonbron did indeed make him all that.

At the mages next question, she blinked, and waved her hands in front of her. "Oh, no, no, um, we're not a group or anything, I just met this guy," She explained as she pointed to Fyre and smiled a little. She wondered if there was proper etiquette you're supposed to abide to when associating with a Dragonborn (the monks would proabbly know), but she was never one for etiquette.

"But I am sort of interested in your magic, so if you're going to be following this guy around, I'd like to tag along with you aswell," Elwyn finished off, waiting for the other two's permission.
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fendrel

Post  The Family God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 am

Fendrel looked to the female, "Er...well, uhh..." he shifted a bit in his spot, "I...don't see why not, it mostly just depends on this here Mancer. Not sure if he likes the idea of being documented, let alone being followed by two people..."
avatar
The Family God

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 am

Fyre rolled his eyes, he really wasn't sure what to do here, "You two choose, I've got a shrine to find." He started to walk away to their right, across the field.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Elwyn

Post  Wiccan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 am

"If you're looking for the Words of Old, you're going in the wrong direction," Elwyn suddenly yelled out to Fyre, hopefully pausing him in his steps, "well, at least to the nearest shrine. I um, I grew up with the Monks of Dineris. Along with running their monestary it was also their duty to guard one of the ancient shrines, though I was never allowed in; no one was. Apparently it was dangerous or something, and only Dragonborn are allowed to enter. It's Southeast of here, near the base of the mountains..."

She stopped herself from rambling on more, not knowing if the Dragonborn already knew this, or if he really needed this information. She was pointing over her shoulder, so she let her hand dropped as she waited for a response. The location of the shrines was not at all common knowledge.
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fyre

Post  evan..relic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 am

Fyre stopped in midstep and turned around, "Oh. Thanks. When I was sent off, I wasn't given much information to go on to find the shrines."

Walking back, "If you two want to join me, you're free to do so." He gave a lopsided smile.
avatar
evan..relic

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 23
Location : -_- Why do you want to know?

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

Elwyn smiled back, thinking that he was lucky that he wasn't born a hundred years ago, where they didn't think to keep watchers at the shrines, and the Dragonborn had to find the shrines themselves with no guidance. Then again, she herself only knew the location of one shrine. She wasn't sure where the other two were, or if the monks had any knowledge on them. Either way, she supposed she was glad to help the Dragonborn with at least something.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer. I'll get to see the monks again." Elwyn put her hands on her hips and smirked.
avatar
Wiccan

Posts : 443
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 23

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonborn

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum