Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony - Dark magic

3 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony - Dark magic

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 am

Tuxedo looked at Falsetto and said "riiiight, this is new to me. Falsetto, you should probably react to burning flesh" Falsetto nodded and faked a disgusted face.

((Waiting on DM))

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty [Dungeon Master]

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 am

(Sorry, was busy trying to get Fruity Loops to work...now I'm confused as to what to do, so I'll look up a tutorial later)

[The room inside is just as one would expect, at least in terms of architecture. The building is clearly breaking apart, a hole now exists in the roof, and rotten apple cores are scattered here and there on the floor. On the left lays the corpse of a black mare, her crimson hair already starting to lose it's colour, one hoof on what looks like a journal and the other...sprawled over the back of a strange looking creature next to her.

The creature doesn't seem to have a coat, in fact it seems hairless, short of the strange-looking light-blue material atop it's head, likely it's mane. It's legs seem riddled with holes and strange shapes, two insectoid wings are attached to it's sides, and a strange crooked horn-like object protrudes from it's forehead. Unlike the black mare, however, this creature seems alive. It's torso moves up and down slowly and periodically, likely sleeping.

To the right lays another, larger glyph, this one of the Illusion magic that was sensed earlier.]

The Family God

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty Geo Terra

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 am

Geo squinted at the two figures, "What in the name of..." He muttered, something told him that something was up or maybe it was the glyph messing with him.

"Wait...Is that a changeling?" He wondered aloud, he had seen an image of one in one of his books.

((I wasn't sure if this was pre or post-wedding, so I came up with a compromise.))

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 am

Falsetto turned to Geo and gave a quizzical look.

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:51 am

"I can't remember much from my books, but changelings are strange creatures that are somewhat related to Equestrians. Their magic generally revolves around illusions, manipulation and trickery... That's all I can remember." Geo hung his head, it had been so long since he last read a good book.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:32 pm

[The changeling creature uttered a quiet moan, adjusting it's posture in it's sleep, trying to get comfortable on the hardwood floor. Once more, the glyph seems to beckon to the ponies, and the book in the dead mare's hoof slides out of her grip, flopping onto the floor]

(Might as well make it post-wedding, just for continuity's sake)
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty Roan Storm

Post  Vilkas Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Roan couldn't take anymore waiting. He looked over at the others and said "well, there's only one way to figure out what's what, and I haven't set off a trap yet so I guess it's my turn." Roan approached cautiously, he knew he was likely going to set off a trap but he wasn't going to be reckless about it.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:13 am

[The glyph crackled with energy for but a moment before a large white cloud of smoke rose up from it. The cloud slowly began to take shape, assuming the form of the mare with a burning mane earlier. It 'spoke' to Roan.]

"Greetings and salutations, whomever has made it this far. My name is Hellfire, otherwise known as "The Burning One" over at Dodge Junction. There is so much I want to say to you, but haven't the time or energy. First thing's first: My host, Obsidian, the mare in the room, is likely dead by the time this is activated. Food supplies ran out, the changeling began to drain us of our life's energy to survive, and we've just been here too long. With our death, however, comes the death of the knowledge of the whereabouts of several enemies of the royal sisters, friends of the pegasi and unicorns."

"This is not the end of her, however. Should you wish to bring us back, you must find one of my compatriots by the name of Anima. She has incredible knowledge of life forces and the like, and could potentially bring us back. It won't be easy, however, as bringing back the dead is no simple feat, even for her."

"As for the changeling, my host would request that should anyone discover her...that they take care of the little creature. She has...or *had*, as it were - grown affectionate of her, cared for her, and even given her the name of 'Maelstrom', 'May' for short. If you need further reason as to whether or not to keep an eye on that creature, she has infiltrated Canterlot many months ago and learned her way around. You *may* need such knowledge if you intend to bring us back."

"You may ask us a few questions I've prepared the answers for in advance, be they of the changeling, my origin, my host's fate, or of Anima, or of a few other miscellaneous subjects I've prepared the answers for. Ask away, else this apparition will fade in less than 1 minute of silence."

(By the way, you don't actually have to bring her back if you don't want. If you want, I've got a sub-plot involved that will honestly take QUITE some time and effort to balance out the OPness of bringing back the dead. If not, the changeling will act as my primary character. I can go either way XD)
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:06 am

((You could make it a trade off. To bring back the dead Anima must sacrifice another pony to take Obsidian's place. I'd be willing to sacrifice a character, hell it would be a good way to shake up the group))

Roan looked at the others, then back at the smokey-thingy and said "um... how do we find Anima?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 am

(Like I said, I've already got a plan all set up and ready to go if the group wants to bring her back, though that's a nice idea.)

[The cloudy form blinked once, processing the question]

"This is something I cannot allow myself to answer. While I could simply tell you where she is, both me and my host wish for the changeling to remain alive. If you keep her alive and intact, she can - and will - lead you to Anima."

"Have you any other questions?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:47 am

Geo stepped forwards and said, "How do we know that this is not some sort of trickery considering the traps outside and these illusion magic riddled glyphs?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched the changeling, something about her seemed to...beckon to him. He wanted to protect this little one.

((Geo can be a "maternal" figure at points, and something about May just awakens the part of him that cares.))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

[Once more, the entity paused, processing the question]

"I understand why you'd think this may be a trick, after all one of you may have been roasted by the glyphs out there. I apologize for that, but ever since the food started running out, my host has had to try and find other means of sustenance. So, as a final decision, she put out several of my magical traps in an attempt to...well...kill any passerby. Once they're casted, they're quite difficult to remove, and since the last of her energy is going to be poured into the spell required to cast this little illusion spell, those can only be removed by setting them off."

[Once more, the changeling stirred, shivering for but a moment beneath Obsidian's limp arm]
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:29 am

Roan dared to venture next to the changling and asked "is there anything we should know about May? How do we care for her? What are her needs?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 am

Geo nodded, he also wanted to know.

The changelings in his book were repulsive, but May was kind of...cute.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:41 am

"She's roughly seven years of age, still a filly by pony standards. She may change shape into the form of any other equine, or even my own, but it's all an illusion if she does. She *can* eat any normal pony food, but it won't provide enough nourishment to sustain her for any longer than three days. What any changeling truly requires to survive is the energy provided by love and affection. To my chagrin, false or forced love doesn't work, so unless you TRULY care for her, she will die within three days at the most, one day at the least.

She is capable of a fair amount of her own illusion magic, minor kinesis, and simple flight...short of that, she should be no different than your average pony, save for her personality. Which, sadly, changes from day to day, so I can't quite tell you how she'll react to her 'mother' being a corpse. Short of that, you should be fine."

"Any further questions?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 pm

"No, I think we've heard enough" Roan replied "unless Geo has a question?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 am

Geo jumped slightly, snapping out of his reverie, he shook his head, "No. No questions."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 am

[The apparition nodded once]

"So be it. Good luck to you."

[As her sentence ended, the cloudy form of the mare faded from existence, as did the glyph that had summoned her, leaving the group alone in the room with a young changeling and a corpse.]
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 am

Geo slowly walked over to the Changeling, kneeling down slightly, he nudged Maelstrom slightly, "Wakey, wakey little one." He whispered in her ear lovingly.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty Maelstrom

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:43 am

Maelstrom shudders quietly, her black eyelids opening to reveal a set of confused green eyes. "Wh-wha-...?" she mutters, her voice sounding rather soft and weak.

Almost immediately she starts taking in her surroundings. "Who are you? Why's mommy so cold? Why doesn't she wake up?!" her voice slowly increased in volume, confusion getting the better of her.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony - Dark magic - Page 7 Empty Tuxedo Masquerade

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:51 am

Tuxedo approached Maelstrom and said "I apologize young one. She will not be waking up"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 am

Maelstrom's ears folded back and her eyes widened at the newcomer's sentence, "What? No. No, no no! You lie! Mommy's just sleeping!" she yelled as she clung even tighter to Obsidian's limp form. "Get away, ponies. You're just here to hurt me some more!" She was clearly trying to hide tears, from what would be a lot harder to discern.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am

Geo shook his head, "No. No we are not here to hurt you, May. We want to help." He said lovingly, "The only way to get your mommy to wake up is to find Anima. We are also looking for Anima for that same reason. We want to help."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 am

Maelstrom looks to the male unicorn who had just spoke, "A-Anima? That strange white pony-looking creature?" She sniffled, wiping away a tear, "How can she wake up mommy?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 am

"A friend of your mother explained to us that Anima may be able to help" Tuxedo explained
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 am

"Your mommy is in a deep sleep, only Anima's magic is able to awaken her." Geo looked at her straight in the eyes, his conveying his sincerity.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 am

Maelstrom blinked, "Friend? But...Mommy doesn't have friends. Just me, and 'other mommy'...until you two showed up." She slowly stood up, shambling closer to the newcomers and trying not to look at Obsidian, or Geo for that matter. "...she's dead, isn't she?" she asked in a neutral tone.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

Geo's voice caught in his throat, there was no other way to explain, "She is. But we can bring her back with the aid of Anima."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 am

Maelstrom sighed, hanging her head slightly, "Thought so...don't know why I ever thought any different..."

She then looked up to the ponies, her head still hung but her eyes turned upward, "We'll leave whenever you're ready. I'm afraid there hasn't been much food here for a time, so you're on your own there." Her voice has turned rather neutral, considering the circumstances, yet one could still see a few tears falling down the side of her face.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 am

"If it comes to it, and if it's possible, you can feed of off me for a while. I don't mind" Roan offered "Oh, and I'm well aware of what I'm offering. I really don't mind"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next