Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonborn

4 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Dragonborn - Page 2 Empty Fendrel

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 am

Fendrel looked to the female, "Er...well, uhh..." he shifted a bit in his spot, "I...don't see why not, it mostly just depends on this here Mancer. Not sure if he likes the idea of being documented, let alone being followed by two people..."

The Family God

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 2 Empty Fyre

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 am

Fyre rolled his eyes, he really wasn't sure what to do here, "You two choose, I've got a shrine to find." He started to walk away to their right, across the field.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 2 Empty Elwyn

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 am

"If you're looking for the Words of Old, you're going in the wrong direction," Elwyn suddenly yelled out to Fyre, hopefully pausing him in his steps, "well, at least to the nearest shrine. I um, I grew up with the Monks of Dineris. Along with running their monestary it was also their duty to guard one of the ancient shrines, though I was never allowed in; no one was. Apparently it was dangerous or something, and only Dragonborn are allowed to enter. It's Southeast of here, near the base of the mountains..."

She stopped herself from rambling on more, not knowing if the Dragonborn already knew this, or if he really needed this information. She was pointing over her shoulder, so she let her hand dropped as she waited for a response. The location of the shrines was not at all common knowledge.

Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 am

Fyre stopped in midstep and turned around, "Oh. Thanks. When I was sent off, I wasn't given much information to go on to find the shrines."

Walking back, "If you two want to join me, you're free to do so." He gave a lopsided smile.

evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonborn

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

Elwyn smiled back, thinking that he was lucky that he wasn't born a hundred years ago, where they didn't think to keep watchers at the shrines, and the Dragonborn had to find the shrines themselves with no guidance. Then again, she herself only knew the location of one shrine. She wasn't sure where the other two were, or if the monks had any knowledge on them. Either way, she supposed she was glad to help the Dragonborn with at least something.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer. I'll get to see the monks again." Elwyn put her hands on her hips and smirked.

Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn - Page 2 Empty Keen

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 am

Off in the distance, cries of pain could be heard.

Keen stood in a clearing, surrounded by unconscious bodies. He was holding a raider on the ground with his foot and digging his heel into his spine. A mother and her two children cowered by a tree behind Keen.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 am

Fendrel chuckled, turning towards where the female had pointed, "Let's be off, then."

First a Mancer, then a Dragonborn, now the Words Of Old I've heard so little about? Curiouser and curiouser... he thought to himself. He started to walk down the path for a moment, until he heard a few strange noises, carried by the wind. With a look of confusion, followed by determination, he ran towards the noises.

Arriving at the scene, he looked first to the many limp forms on the ground, then to the screaming raider, then to the man holding the former down. "Ehm..." he muttered, at a loss for words. As a precautionary measure, he tapped into his reserves, holding a blueish-white ball of kinetic energy next to his right arm, ready to 'lob' it at a moment's notice.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:51 am

Hearing the screams, Fyre came running with a fireball in one hand and sword in the other, "What in the-" He looked on the scene, "What is going on here?"
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 am

Elwyn hurried after the other two, though she wasn't all too keen on running towards the screams. When they got there though, there was a man standing in the middle of a bunch of bodies. She seemed to be the first to notice the mother and children cowering behind a tree. The woman looked at her, and then back in wonder at the man who had apparently taken all these raiders down, before taking her childrens hands and rushing back to the town in the distance.

She didn't know who this guy was, but he looked skilled, and she suppsoed she should be cautious like the other two. She unhooked her staff from her back and held it, though she didn't look as ready to jump the guy as the other two. This path seemed to be a magnet for trouble.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Keen turned to the new comers and, calmly pointing behind them, said "Don't move." Behind the trio was a monstrous bird creature. opening his extended hand he said softly "Requiem nunc amicus. Peractum tibi perficiat munus. Ad tuum mundi in pacem." The beast disappeared into green light that went into Keen's hand.

Wiping the blood that was pouring from his nose away Keen said "My name is Keen. A pleasure"

((Requiem nunc amicus. Peractum tibi perficiat munus. Ad tuum mundi in pacem = Rest now my friend. The deed is done, your task complete. Return to your world in peace))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 pm

"Uh, you just took down a bunch of guys," Elwyn pointed out. When the others were silent, she realised she hadn't exactly gotten her point across, and she shook her head, trying again.

"I mean, sorry if we're cautious of you, but you just took out a bunch of guys, is what I meant..." Elwyn cleared up, "Please tell me you were defending the people earlier and aren't a cold blooded killer or something."

Hey, she knew the others were probably thinking it too (he was surrounded by a bunch of bodies, even if they were raiders), so she might as well get it cleared up.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Fendrel looked over his shoulder, noticing the bird creature mere moments before it faded into a strange green light, moving into the newcomer. Fendrel's eyes moved up and down the newcomer's form several times over, his note-book and quill both leaving his pack in their separate blueish-white auras, the latter etching away rapidly at the pages.

Newcomer seems of elven origin, likely a standard wood elf of some sort, he thought to himself, Subject is male, worth noting, possesses a magical ability of some sort...strange clothing, uses incantations...will organize notes later. The quill continued to etch away at the paper, recording nearly all that Fendrel deemed necessary for it to write down.

Realizing that the male had addressed him, or at least him as part of the group, he gave the elf a curt yet nervous nod. He waited, a bit impatiently, for the female to finish her statement before uttering one of his own, "Like she said, ehm, 'Keen'..." he looked down to the bodies, "Don't suppose you could...erm...fill us in on why it looks like you're...surrounded by...uhm...unconscious bodies...? As in...well...why you seem to have gotten in a fight with them."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Keen looked around the bodies and explained "I was just passing through when I heard screaming. When I went to see what had happened I found the mother and child being attacked so I went to their defense and summoned the Harpy. They aren't dead, they still breathe"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 am

Extinguishing the fireball, but still kept his sword at the ready, "Who are you?" He always was edgy around people, and he had a reason to now.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:22 am

"I... don't know. I have little memory of myself" Keen hesitantly replied.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

Elwyn frowned. If the men were still alive then couldn't they-- no, they were too badly hurt to get up and try anything again. It was a pity they were all scattered around in the middle of the road though. As the others talked, she raised her staff a little and whispered, "ápluccede ond brocu rápas æt ic i ásælede híe."

The men were all raised into sitting positions and all pulled with backs together by an invisible force. Rope then formed out of a small glowing light, before wrapping tightly around the raiders. Ah, she loved not having to do things herself.

Elwyn turned back to the others and tuned back into the conversation.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:56 am

Noticing that the raiders were now tied, Keen chuckled "Well well. Now I don't have to wait here for the law, I can continue on my journey"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:13 am

Fendrel stayed silent throughout most of the conversation, his quill continuing to etch away seemingly random words on the page. It wasn't until he heard the female speak in an ancient language that he finally clued in.

"Ugh, so many questions need answering, not enough time to answer them, uhh..." Fendrel muttered, rubbing the back of his head nervously, "Well, I got nothin'...you two?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 am

"What journey?" Fyre relaxed slightly, and sheathed the firesteel blade.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:50 am

Keen removed one of his black gauntlets to reveal his mark and said "It's a bit worn, but I carry the mark"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 am

Raising his hand, "Well, it would seem that we're in the same boat then. I'm Fyre."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:05 am

Fendrel looked down to the mark, his focus on his magic being lost just long enough for his book and quill to fall to the floor. "...by the Ether, another one?" he muttered, picking up his tools in another magical grip and etching away at the notes even faster this time.

"Suppose that's a good thing, then...turns out you make the second Dragonborn I've seen today and one of us know the way to...well...wherever it was you lot are supposed to go, I didn't exactly look at that bit too much back home."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:14 am

"I see," Keen replied "then I humbly ask to accompany you"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:24 am

"We're just picking up all the strays as we go along, aren't we?" Elwyn scoffed to herself, but put away her staff as she said, "I'm Elwyn. We're heading to the shrine southeast of here. I suppose you should come along."

If the monks were here, they'd probably describe it as destiny or something stupid like that that brought them all together here. Well, at least the other two Dragonborn; destiny had no reason to bring someone like her into their paths.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:31 am

Fendrel closed his book, moving it and the quill back into his pack without so much as looking at them, "If introductions are necessary, I go by Fendrel," he mentioned to no one in particular, not remembering if he had introduced himself yet.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:00 am

Keen gave a polite nod and said "shall we head out then?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:02 am

Looking to the sky, a sudden chill came over Fyre and he shivered. Something was up, he could feel it, but he had no idea what it was.

Shaking the feeling off, "Let's go." He said shortly.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:20 am

The group set off, and Elwyn trailed behind the others. She had pointed them in the right direction, so it's not like she needed to lead or anything. She came up beside Fyre as they walked, and motioned to his head again.

"You alright?" She motioned to a small red mark on his head from when she hit him earlier. She had already apologized, but she couldn't help herself from feeling just a little bad.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:24 am

"I'm fine." Fyre smiled, "My Mancer training was worse, the teachers had to keep throwing things at me to get my powers to come forwards, they left a few scars." Lifting his hair, he revealed several small pale scars, "They got creative..."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 am

"Oh, that looks like it hurt..." Elwyn said, inspecting the scars. She didn't know what to say toher than that. 'Sorry to hear that'? It was part of his training, and she didn't really know anything about his lifestyle...

"Where you came from, was everyone there a mancer?"
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next