Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Descendants of the Gods

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Descendants of the Gods

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 am

In Greek mythology it is often said that the Olympian gods and goddesses will come down from on high and copulate with the mortals, producing demi-gods (look at Hercules). That’s all myth right? Well... you’d be wrong. The gods did not simply stay atop their lofty perch, no, the gods followed Western civilization, the “Spark of the West” as it were and continued with their unfortunate habit.

The truly unfortunate thing is that these demigods tend attract slews of monsters taken straight out of Grecian myth, especially if they’re the child of one of the main 12 gods and goddesses, and especially so if their parent happens to be one of the “Big Three” Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades (though Hades is only allowed out of the Underworld on the day of the winter solstice). Generally the children of the lesser gods can get away with living in the mortal world.

Getting away from all that doom and gloom, there is a place where these demigods can go to be safe. A place by the name of Camp Half-Blood located in the Manhattan area. To the mortals looking in from beyond the boundary, it looks like a simple strawberry farm, but to the demigods that pass the boundaries (and only they and the ‘instructors’ can), this place is where they can train, eat, and live without worry.

The camp itself is divided into 12 houses, each one representing one of the main 12 gods. And the children of that particular god/goddess, once claimed, can live within that house. The exception is the house of Hermes, they take in all those that are unclaimed or are of the lesser gods (it gets crowded in there).

What is there to do specifically at Camp Half-Blood? Well, the main event is the capture the flag, an event where the houses are split between two teams, and the classic goal remains, get the flag. But the difference is that, each demigod has armour and weapons, so consider it a war where no one dies. Chiron, the centaur granted immortality, is on hand to help heal the wounded with ambrosia (tastes like whatever the favourite food is of the one drinking it), so try not to worry. Oh, the wood where capture the flag takes place is often populated by monsters, you might want to be careful about that...

Other than that, enjoy your time here at Camp Half-Blood. Who knows, you might get lucky and get asked to go on a quest by the oracle... Oh, watch Mr. D, he’s still under grounding from Zeus, I don’t think he’s too happy about it...

Rules
- This roleplay is a depiction of the day-to-day life of the campers as they live in Camp Half-Blood, if things get too dull, I’ll be sure to shake things up. Smile
- The main 12 gods who have houses in Camp Half-Blood are: Zeus, Hera (though she never has children, being the goddess of marriage means she doesn’t cheat, the house is there as tribute), Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Hestia, Dionysus, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Hermes. Hades doesn’t have a house, they hang in House Hermes.
- If you want your character to be descended from one of the lesser gods (or Hades), send me a PM explaining what you want to have, and I’ll consider it.
- As a general rule of thumb, the child often carries some part of their parent’s personality (example, the Ares (god of war) kids are often short tempered and violent)
- When the child is claimed (their parent says that they’re their kid often through symbols), they receive an inheritance of sorts, this could be a weapon or armour with special abilities that is symbolic of their parent (if you have another idea for an inheritance, PM me)
- Children of the Big Three are RARE (especially Hades and Zeus) and they tend to draw a lot of attention from monsters and peers alike, watch it.
- I will try to roleplay as camp counselors and the other campers, but if you want to give it a go, then by all means
- Try to have your characters in their teen years
- If you have an idea or a question, don’t be afraid to talk to me over PM, I’m flexible
- MOST OF ALL......... HAVE FUN! Very Happy
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Jason Aquas

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 am

Jason groaned as he sat up in his bed, his lanky hair a complete mess, immediately his nose was assaulted by the salty air inside his cabin, which he had alone, immediately waking him up.

"Urg." He muttered unintelligently as he swung out from under the covers. Reaching under his bed, he pulled out a camping backpack and pulled out a pair of shorts and his orange Camp Half Blood t-shirt and pulled them on.

Grabbing the schedule that lay on his bed, he groaned, swordplay class first. His bruises still hadn't healed from the class yesterday. Reaching back under his bed, he pulled out a sheathed bronze sword and strapped it on.

"Styx." He swore under his breath as he left the cabin.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Hermia Fox

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:27 am

Hermia was already at the swordplay area, chasing a butter-- ooh a ladybu-- OOH dandelion fluff!
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am

Jason watched Hermia spin around and around, continuously being distracted, going over to her when her back was turned to him, he tapped her on the head, "Oi. Fleet foot. Keep it together. Jack'll be here soon. Last I heard, he got chewed out by Mr. D and Chiron, he's not going to be in a good mood."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 am

When Hermia felt a tap on her head she squeaked and whirled around, smacking Jason by accident

"ohmygodI'msosorrybutyoushouldn'tsurprisemelikethatyouknowhowIreacttosurprises! Are you ok?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:27 am

Jason held his cheek, "I'll be fine. I know we're all diagnosed by the mortals with some form of ADHD, but by Tartarus, you're something else."

Suddenly the hairs on the back of his neck prickled, "Jack's behind me isn't he?"

Jack grinned, the fire of his father Ares burning in his eyes, "You know it water-for-brains."

Jason gulped down hard.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 am

Hermia put her hands on her hips, gave Jack a stern look, and said "I don't care how bad your day goes Jack, you be nice or else"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 am

Jack guffawed, "Really? This again? I'll make sure to clip your damn wings."

Jason couldn't say much of anything at this point, other campers had gathered around the scene. Jason's eye was drawn towards the lake.

He hated it when Hermia and Jack fought, Hermia was one of the few friends he managed to make; quite suddenly he had a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach, Oh no... He thought.

From the lake rose a great globule of water, it immediately rushed straight for Jack, smashing into him, making him fly through the air and right into the community bathrooms and through the wall.

Jason sank to his knees, suddenly weak, he chuckled weakly, "Now I've gone and done it. Sorry."

((Children of Poseidon, when under a lot of emotional stress, can take control of a certain volume of water. It takes a lot out of them though))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:51 am

Hermia knelt beside Jason and asked "are you ok? You know I can handle Jackass"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:31 am

Jason got to his feet shakily, "It's not like I can control that kind of thing. It just...happens..."

Chiron came galloping over from hauling Jack out of the washroom, "Are you okay Jason? I saw what happened."

Jason rolled his eyes, "I'm fine Chiron. Really. But could we get a new swordplay instructor?" Several of the other campers cheered.

Chiron looked at him hard, "I'll look into it. For now, I'll be the temporary instructor."

Drawing his sword, "No argument here." He grinned.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 am

Hermia bounced on the ball of her feet and asked "is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet? is the new kid here yet?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 am

"Not yet Hermia." Chiron said as he drew his own sword, "The satyr I sent to pick him up sent a message ahead to say that they should be here by lunch...if nothing gets in their way, that is."

Looking up at Chiron, "Any idea who his parent is?"

Chiron gulped, "I do. Zeus will be having a stern word with one of his brothers because of him."

Almost immediately, Jason knew what he meant and he gulped, "You mean Ha-" He clamped his mouth shut when Chiron nodded. The other campers gulped as well.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Keeran Moonbeam

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:53 am

"I see Hades is well hated here" Keeran said calmly.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am

Chiron sighed, "Greetings Keeran. Your father isn't hated, just mistrusted after the whole lightning thief incident a few years ago, wanting to start a war and all."

Jason looked at Keeran and grinned slightly, walking up to him, "Welcome to Camp Half Blood." He held out his hand, "Cousin."

((He tries to be friendly))
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 am

Keeran looked at the hand, then back at 'cousin' and said "I, um, I-I don't do the whole... touching thing"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 am

Looking down at his hand, he let it drop, "Granted."

Looking around, "Where's that satyr?"
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 am

Keeran looked away, scratching his arm, and said "there were, uh... complications"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am

Chiron covered his face with his hand, "Oh dear..."

Jason looked up, a quizzical look on his face.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Keeran and Hermia

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 am

Keeran's eyes glazed over and he said "I.. I-I'm so sorry... there was just... just so many." Hermia approached Keeran and said "I'm sure you did everything you could." Keeran looked at Chiron and said "I'm sorry. He told me to run, so I... I did"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:33 am

A vein pulsed in Jason's temple, "Are you serious?! What in the name of the underworld is with all of the attacks on the new campers? Even those that are the kids of the lesser gods? Gah!" He chucked his blade in his hand at a tree, the tip getting lodged in the bark.

Stomping over to the tree, he wrenched it out and stomped off to the edge of the forest.

Chiron watched him go, "Oh dear..."
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:35 am

Hermia ran after Jason, calling his name.

Keeran simple whispered again "I'm so sorry"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

Chiron smiled sadly, "Sword class is cancelled for today, Keeran come with me, I'll give you the customary tour."

Jason sank down against one of the ancient oaks, sword back in sheath.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

Hermia didn't take long to catch up to Jason. She tapped his head and said "you ok?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 am

Jason ground his teeth but didn't say anything.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:06 am

Hermia sat on the ground in front of Jason and said very gently "talk to me"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Re: Descendants of the Gods

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content