Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking Box

+3
evan..relic
Holland Novak
Erika
7 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Talking Box - Page 37 Empty Re: Talking Box

Post  Erika Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 pm

IDK!!! so many roleplays. too many to choose from.

hey Tom, we still on for monday to go see BRAVE?

Erika
Admin

https://roleplayingheaven.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 pm

yes, we are still on for monday amanda

Stonewing

http://roleplayingmovement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Three species I'm considering for Scorched Earth

Turian - Turians typically stand over six feet tall, have two long, proportionately thick fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand, each tipped with talons, and a set of mandibles around their mouths. The most distinguishing feature of turians is their metallic carapace, which is a result of their evolution. Turian features are avian, making them resemble humanoid birds or raptors, however unlike most Earth avian creatures, turians are viviparous and give birth to live young. In 2165, David Anderson claimed that turians reminded him of the evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs. Turians are also recognisable by their voices, which have a distinctive flanging effect. Males and females do not differ greatly in physical appearance, but female turians lack the crest of horns found in the males of the race. The lifespan of a turian is comparable to that of a human.

Since the Unification War, turians normally wear elaborate face paint marking their colony of origin, though it is not known which markings distinguish which colony. These markings are usually white — particularly on turians with darker carapaces — but can be of various colours. Garrus Vakarian's markings, for example, are dark blue. As a point of interest, the turian term "barefaced" refers to one who is beguiling or not to be trusted. It is also a slang term for politicians.

Turians exhibit the characteristics of predators rather than those of prey species (compare to krogan biology). Their forward-facing alert eyes give the impression that they possess outstanding eyesight and their teeth and jaws mimic the structures possessed by apex predators such as crocodiles or ancient, carnivorous dinosaurs. Needless to say, their talons on both their feet and hands seem capable of ripping flesh. Their slender bodies also seem to suggest that they are also capable of moving at high speeds.

The turian homeworld, Palaven, has a metal-poor core, generating a weak magnetic field and allowing more solar radiation into the atmosphere. To deal with this, most forms of life on Palaven evolved some form of metallic "exoskeleton" to protect themselves. Their reflective plate-like skin makes turians less susceptible to long-term, low-level radiation exposure, but they do not possess any sort of "natural armor". A turian's thick skin does not stop projectiles and directed energy bolts. Turian blood has a dark blue colouration, possibly from the presence of hemocyanin rather than hemoglobin, which would fit with the biology of a metallic exoskeleton.

Although life on Palaven is carbon-based and oxygen-breathing, it is built on dextro-amino acids. This places the turians in a distinct minority on the galactic stage; the quarians are the only other sapient dextro-protein race. The food of humans, asari, or salarians (who evolved in levo-amino acid-based biospheres), will at best pass through turian systems without providing any nutrition. At worst, it will trigger an allergic reaction that can be fatal if not immediately treated. The turian mechanic Lilihierax on Noveria uses the idiom, "if you can polish enough gizzard". This suggests that the turians have a digestive system similar to birds and reptiles on Earth, some of whom swallow stones to help break down harder foods in the stomach.

Salarian - The salarians are a bipedal race of amphibians, with tall, elongated bodies well-suited for their high metabolism, and skeletons composed of more cartilage than those of other races such as humans. Salarian heads are long and thin, and have a pair of horns protruding from the top of their skulls. Skin varies in color, from bright reds and greens to the more common shades of blue or grey. Their blood is a greenish color. Salarian eyes are large and oval and have thin membranes in place of eyelids. The pupils are a wide slit, oriented horizontally, and the irises can be dark green, purple, or brown. Salarians blink upwards, rather than downwards as humans do.

Salarians are noted for their high-speed metabolism, which allows them to function on just one hour of sleep a day. Their minds and bodies work faster than most sapient races, making them seem restless or hyperactive. The drawback of this active metabolism is a short lifespan of around 40 human years.

The salarians are amphibian haplo-diploid egg-layers; unfertilized eggs produce males and fertilized eggs produce females. Once a year, a salarian female will lay a clutch of dozens of eggs. Social rules prevent all but a fraction from being fertilized. As a result, 90% of the species is male.

Salarians have photographic memories and rarely forget a fact. They also possess a form of psychological "imprinting", tending to defer to those they knew in their youth. Salarian hatching is a solemn ritual in which the clan Dalatrass (matriarch) isolates herself with the eggs. The young salarians psychologically imprint on her and tend to defer to her wishes. During the hatching of daughters, the Dalatrasses of the mother and father’s clans are present at the imprinting. This ensures the offspring have equal loyalty to both, ensuring the desired dynastic and political unity.

Salarian sex drive and reproduction differ from that of humans, with Mordin Solus claiming that it is not hormone-based. Reproduction is more of a necessity and salarians do not seem to desire sex for pleasure. They are, however, attracted to the asari, and in Mass Effect, one salarian notes that "even humans find the Consort irresistible."

Drell - Drell are omnivorous reptile-like humanoids with an average lifespan of 85 galactic standard years. Drell appearance is very similar to asari and humans, but their muscle tissue is slightly denser, giving them a wiry strength. Although many of their more reptilian features are concealed, their hyoid bone, located in their throats, is particularly developed. This allows them to inflate their throats and produce vocal sounds outside of the human range. They also have two sets of eyelids, akin to crocodiles. In addition, drell possess the ability to shed tears.

Because the drell ancestors emerged from arid, rocky deserts, the humid, ocean-covered hanar homeworld of Kahje proved tolerable only when the drell stayed inside a climate-controlled dome city. The leading cause of death for drell on Kahje is Kepral's Syndrome, caused by cumulative long-term exposure to a humid climate. This syndrome erodes the ability of drell lungs to take in oxygen, and eventually spreads out to other organs. It is noncommunicable, and there is currently no known cure, though leading hanar scientific authorities are working on creating a genetic adaptation.

The drell possess eidetic memory, an adaptation to a world where they must remember the location of every necessary resource (vegetation, drinkable water and prey migration paths) across vast distances. The memories are so strong that an external stimulus can trigger a powerful memory recall. These recalls are so vivid and detailed that some drell may mistake it for reality. Thane Krios, for example, remembers every assassination he has ever performed and can describe them in flawless detail, and says he prefers to spend a lonely night with the perfect memory of another. This process can be involuntary.

Last edited by Hunter Kyo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 pm

interesting little tidbit from you steph. Didn't know you followed mass effect

Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:04 am

Stonewing wrote:interesting little tidbit from you steph. Didn't know you followed mass effect

I read about 1 + 3 and I play/have 2

Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

Keep Calm and choose

ALL THE ALIENS!

... XD
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 am

Cool, maybe if we both get ME3, we can play a little bit of a deathmatch. Sounds good, don't it?

Also, found a new brony site. http://rainbowdash.net/
kinda like twitter, but it also organizes meetups and such. I like this one better than facebook and twitter (not like I use twitter for much except for checking up on Tara Strong XD)
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 am

If you want an easy kill. (I suck at shooters)
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:19 am

Hey, practise makes perfect
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:26 am

I play on Casual and STILL get my ass handed to me by freakin' HUSKS! HUSKS of all things!
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 am

hmm, maybe you should start out with a less difficult game for shooters. Try getting medal of honour. Good game to start with.
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:33 am

Nah, it's not so bad. I'm on the Derelict Reaper, that's why husks are killing me. I've got Husks, Abominations, and Scions comin' at me all at once. That's why I die.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:35 am

I see, well then. MoH is still a good game to start with. Well... That or Dead Space 1 & 2
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 am

I don't know the first one, and Dead Space is too creepy for me X3
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 am

MoH is Medal of Honour. Dead space 2 is actually less creepy than #1. Guess people thought it was too creepy. If anything, try to get Resident Evil 4
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:51 am

Stonewing wrote:MoH is Medal of Honour. Dead space 2 is actually less creepy than #1. Guess people thought it was too creepy. If anything, try to get Resident Evil 4

RE4 is my favorite RE game! Leon's a little gloomy, but understandable since he thinks his girlfriend is dead, escaped a zombie infestation, and is then thrown into an all-new infestation. Then he gets fuckin' infected as well! Almost kills the one he's trying to save!
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

Very good storyline. I gotta go, ttyl
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 am

gotta walk the mutt

if anyone comes on I'm AFK
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 am

Im back! But I can't wait until chapter 47 comes out for project horizons! Need chap 47!
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:16 am

wha?
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 am

Its a fanfic I'm reading, and its damn good!
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 am

oh

I has made my aliens and about to post them X3
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am

Hmm, too bad noone else is on. I personally am only interested in l2d atm
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 am

GAH! LEAVE THE COMPUTER FOR ONE SECOND AND MY MUM STEALS IT!

Why not make an rp?
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewing Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:20 am

my mind is as blank as scootaloo's flank atm
Stonewing
Stonewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:23 am

Steal the plot/story of a game/show/movie that you like
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:31 am

Christ, the posts are still repeating. Ugh. I'll go diving in the Admin Panel in a bit.

And Steph, I think I explained earlier why the SH RP is under my name. I decided to recreate it instead of just clearing the posts.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:35 am

evan..relic wrote:And Steph, I think I explained earlier why the SH RP is under my name. I decided to recreate it instead of just clearing the posts.

That was posted before I had a chance to talk to you. Please ignore when that happens, it gets irritating being told "I explained this before" over and over.

Sorry, I'm irritable (DON'T SAY A WORD) and my computer is being a pain.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  evan..relic Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:37 am

Understandable.

Anyhow...I take it that you're glad that the exams are over?
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:39 am

Yes.

Did you see my characters for SE? I think I might be a secret sadist towards fictional characters.

I was really awful to Nihl
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next