Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondrate Heroes

4 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Secondrate Heroes

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 am

Set in a combined comics world, where DC, Marvel, and independent characters mingle.

Tired of continuous defeat, several major villains teamed up to bring down all of their enemies once and for all. Combining science and magic, they created a virus that could sap the powers - including healing powers - of any superpowered heroes, and leave all of them so weak they are barely alive. In a mass strike, they managed to infect all of the world's major heroes, leaving them free to claim control. The world quickly descended in to chaos. However, the villains weren't counting on the Second-rate Heroes.

With big-time heroes always saving the world, the lesser ones faded into the background, ignored by the people they protected, other heroes, and the big villains. Overlooked in the attack, it's their time to shine. Scattered reports indicate that the attack began with the infection of Batman and his allies, so our heroes are drawn to Gotham to investigate... And here our story begins.

Major Villains:
The Joker rules Gotham, with several minor villains in power but all answering to him. He has hired several bounty hunters and assassins to locate the Batfamily, who managed to get into hiding before the virus made them too weak.
Lex Luthor has become President but doesn't care about the country, simply using his power to do whatever he pleases. Superman is being held in the White House so Luthor can torture him whenever he pleases.
Kingpin's crime empire covers the entire eastern half of America. He runs New York, and has most of the city's heroes locked up on display in front of his mansion.
Magneto seized control of Canada and declared it a mutant-only land. Normal humans are being rounded up and expelled from the country. He provides medical care to the X-men to keep them alive but will not allow them to be cured.
Doctor Doom controls most of Europe, and is extending his reach into Asia.
The Mandarin controls Eastern Asia.
Loki was given Australia in return for keeping the gods from finding out what's going on.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Grigori Klopov

Post  Vilkas Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 am

Grigori walked the streets of Gotham, rain pouring down, flames burning through the buildings. He felt... lost. He tried to stop the attack, but was hit from behind and knocked out. What a pathetic hero he turned out to be.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Delta

Post  The Family God Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

Delta walked down the ruined streets neutrally, looking back and forth to the ruined buildings. The sound equivalent to a sigh escaped from his metal visage, internally annoyed that he had been in sleep mode during the attack.

Turning down the road, he noticed quite the sight for sore...well, the metaphor is lost on him...a citizen walking down the streets. He turned his form to face the male, increasing the volume of his 'voice' to call out to it, "Sir, are you alright?" he asked, wondering if it was injured.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:59 am

Grigori spotted a... robit. A freaking robot? Here? He shook his head, which was a bad idea because it made him lose balance and fall over. That was when he noticed he was leaving a blood trail

"Um... I'M F*CKING BLEEDING?! WHAT THE F*CK! IS MY SKULL THAT F*CKING WEAK?!"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:06 am

Delta quickly registered a quick process, noting down the male was injured. He immediately started running over, his metallic boots and hydraulics making a few clanging noises in the process.

Finally arriving next to the male, he looked over the human. "I don't suppose you know what caused your injury, or even what it is by any chance?" his slightly digitized voice rang out at a casual volume.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 am

"Um... I don't know how, but I did feel some blood in the back of my head aaaand my damned ears are bleeding"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 am

Delta nodded once, moving behind the male and scanning the back of the male's head. Something went wrong with his sensors, however, as he couldn't quite tell what the injury was from this angle. "Hmm...not sure what this is either. You weren't hit in the back of the head with anything, were you? Hang out around psychics or any other non-human? Forgive the questions, just trying to discern what your injury is."
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 pm

"I was attacked from behind, I don't know shit" Grigori answered
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Re: Secondrate Heroes

Post  Wiccan Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Diana raced across the rooftops, well aware of the three bounty hunters that were after her. She associated with Nightwing one time and suddenly she was also on the Joker's wanted list. Figures.

Sparing a glance behind her, she noticed that she recognized the oufits. They were most likely apart of China Town's Golden Dragons. Well, this wasn't good. She jumped across another roof, aiming to catch onto the ledge but something hit her thigh and she cursed and missed. She fell down, thankfully into a pile of garbage in an alleyway, and quickly looked down to see what they shot at her leg. A small shuriken.

She pulled it out and tossed it away before picking herself up and running as fast as she could. The roofs wouldn't help her now; everything was in ruins anyways. She had to get back to her safehouse.
Wiccan
Wiccan

http://www.roleplayingsanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 am

Delta nodded once, "Well that's no good, obviously..." he looked to the nearby buildings briefly, "Think one of these buildings here have any medical supplies left over after that attack?" he asked.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 am

Grigori got up and asked "you hear something? Like someone fell from a roof or something?"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 am

Delta looked about briefly, "Sadly, no. Chances are, your senses are better than mine. Where'd you hear that come from, then?" he asked, wishing that he would have re-configured his senses for heightened sensitivity earlier.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 am

"It came from... one of these alleys" Grigori replied as he wandered off. He's not very bright.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

Diana skid around a corner and almost fell over when she saw she was about to run into two other figures.

"Hey watch--!" She completely ran into one of them, a man with a gas mask, and knocked him completely over. "I'm so sorry--!"

Her apologies were cut off when three more shuriken whizzed past her, and she scrambled off the guy and turned around, pulling out her gun. She was low on bullets, she'd have to restock soon. If she could even find somewhere to restock.

"Sorry to drag you into this guys, but I hope you can defend yourselves!" Diana said as she shot at one of the three bounty hunters after her, the bullet lodging itself into his shoulder. He went down, but the other two were advancing towards them quickly.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am

Grigori cursed under his breath as he got up. He then said "hold your breath." As the... jumpy, assassin-y chicks came into view Grigori pulled down his mask and blew a violet gas at them. He pulled his mask up, got into ready position and chuckled "If that don't work then bullets and steel-toed boots should"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 am

"Well, it definitely slowed them down. Thanks," If Diana wasn't wearing her domino mask she would've winked at him. Instead, she gave him a smirk before raising her gun and shooting them both with percision, their bodies falling lifelessly to the ground. Just to make sure they were really dead, though she had a feeling that gas that the other released at them did the trick.

She remembered a long time ago when she had met with Nightwing (it was the best night of her life), and she had expressed wanting to help fight crime. One look at him and she could tell disapproval was written all over his face. She knew that Batman and all of his allies didn't approve of guns or killing people, and maybe a long time ago she would've agreed, but now was not the time to be worried about saving peoples lives. If she didn't kill them, then they would've killed her.

"I appreciate the help, Gas-man," Diana said with a grin.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:19 am

"The name's 'Rasputin'" Grigori corrected "and who're you Robina the Hood"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 am

Delta nodded to the male with the mask, "Good to know, you move on ahead. I've got a process to tend to before I might join you, don't die on me alright?" he muttered as the human ran off.

Delta's form went rigid, his form adjusting to the lower amount of light in the area thanks to the smoke. Normally, he could only run for about an hour without proper UV light, however the process he had spoken of earlier was one meant to lower his energy consumption, a process which to his annoyance took all of one full minute.

Finishing the process, he turned to where the male had run off, walking at a light pace towards him. Looking to the male, he also noticed a new human, one he hadn't seen before...a female. Several 'thoughts' went through his internal process within a few short seconds, by which time he had reached the two.

"Pardon the delay," he commented, "Had to do some reconfiguration...I assume you two are in decent condition now, despite your earlier injury?" he turned to the male as his sentence ended.

(Damnit, my writing's terrible today. Don't mind it, please~)
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 am

"Cute but no. It's Hoodlum."

Diana heard the sound of metal hitting pavement, and instinctively raised her gun. She lowered it though when the robot(?) seemed to be familiar with Rasputin. At his words, she remembered that she had indeed been hit with a shuriken earlier. She should probably get that patched up.

"And what are you?" Diana turned to the robot, or android, or whatever it was(he was?).
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 am

Delta chuckled, "It's...ehm...a bit of a long story...my full 'name' is Delta-14E29RQT, though if that's too hard to remember, then you may simply refer to me as Delta. First thing's first, though, getting you two someplace safe where you can cure your wounds seems a bit more important to me than introductions." He took a moment to scan his surroundings, trying to find someplace where the humans could take shelter. When his scans registered as 'negative', his voice emulated a sigh, "Don't suppose either of you know someplace like that?" he asked, starting to feel just that little bit useless now.

(regrets, I have them. Delta's...difficult to write)
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Winchell Octavian

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 am

Winchell groaned as his robotic legs guided him over debris, he hated what these damned villains had done with this place.

Looking over to his left, he saw three...people? He quickly dodged into an alleyway to avoid being seen. Peeking around the corner, he rectified his previous thought, two people and a security droid.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiccan Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 am

"I was already on my way to my safehouse. It's about two blocks north of here, if you want to come." Diana threw a thumb over her shoulder, indicating the direction she was heading in. She looked at Rasputin's injury. He should probably get that looked at.
Wiccan
Wiccan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 am

Delta nodded once, "Then lead the way, miss," he replied, waiting patiently for either of the humans to start moving.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Secondrate Heroes Empty Winchell Octavian

Post  evan..relic Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:05 am

Winchell edged out of the alley as quietly as he could, his extra arms wrapped around his middle. Suddenly his foot connected with a metal can, sending it flying out into the street, "Shit." He hissed as he dodged back in to the alley.

Breathing heavily, he cursed himself for not being more careful. He really hoped that the people and the robot he saw were on the same side of the law as him.
evan..relic
evan..relic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:45 pm

"What is it with people and ducking into alleys?" Rasputin sighed as he followed the direction the can came from.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next