Roleplaying Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorched Earth

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scorched Earth Empty Scorched Earth

Post  Vilkas Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Come child, let me tell you of humanity's fall.

We had done everything we could to save Mother Earth, but it wasn't enough. People tried to build ways to escape into the stars. Some were successful, but there weren't enough ships. Some say it was the Gods that saved us. Others simply understood that in the universe

we are not alone

Years have past since then child. You need not worry. At first we were visitors in these alien lands, but these people helped us colonize new worlds. Better worlds. And soon child...

soon it will be our turn to save them

Notes
  • Earth has been gone for 150 years. Most aliens won't mention the planet out of respect or pity for humans
  • There is a universal translator that everyone is given to help people communicate between species
  • Humans have their own planets, but some still live on alien planets for various reasons

Rules
  • No one is from Earth. Earth is gone. Keep calm and make a planet
  • You can steal alien species/planets from movies, shows, or games
  • You can make your own alien species, but please do the research so their unusual biology makes sense
  • If you make a new species please avoid cliches like "I'm the last one" or "We're all little green men". "My species is divided and at war" I'll let slide
  • Almost forgot: NO godmod, NO godmode, NO godmodel, and NO powerplay
  • Telekinesis I will allow to a degree. PM me if you want telekinesis and I'll see if your idea is good to go
  • Oh my god-- NO MIND READING! That just sucks the fun out!
  • Most important thing: the plot is there is a new race of aliens that are kidnapping entire colonies. No one knows why these disappearances are happening. All anyone knows is that no one is left behind. Tension between races is starting to build because in the beginning it's just human colonies, but as the rp continues other colonies will begin to vanish
  • No superpowers. Depending on the planet you pick/make I will allow stronger than a human, or smarter than a human. But not to superpower levels
  • Unsure about a species idea? Talk to me. Unsure of the science behind it? I'm sure evan..relic wouldn't mind helping
  • The translator doesn't translate curses or insults. Keep calm and CURSE IN ALIEN!
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Scorched Earth Empty Seth Kullen

Post  Vilkas Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 am

Seth sighed as he studied the article before him. Yet another colony was gone. Seth muttered quickly under his breath, ignoring the stares he earned from the others in the library "yetanothercolonyisgoneandnoonehasacluewhatiscausingitshouldIinvestigatetheemptycolonies
nononotooriskneedateamtwoothersatleastbutwho?"

(yet another colony is gone and no one has a clue what is causing it. Should I investigate the empty colonies? No no no, too much risk. Need a team. Two others at least. But who?)

((When Seth gets frustrated he slips into salarian habits: He speaks fast and drops words))
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Scorched Earth Empty Tzu'Dezza

Post  The Family God Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 am

Tzu walked through the relatively crowded halls of the library he had chosen to visit. In the back of his mind, he hoped his ship was still intact, the vessel still docked with the space station this library was a part of. He turned to the shelves, browsing through several different novels, searching for any that he hoped might give him a purpose. Looking about, he noted he was one of the only Apoideans in this facility. No matter, he thought, We're rather far from any of our planets, it is no surprise we're one of the few here.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 am

Seth sighed with defeat as he collected the discs and went to put them away. He was so deep in thought he almost bumped into someone! "I-I'm very sorry!" Seth said meekly
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:18 am

Tzu looked to the newcomer for a moment, blinking his five eyes a few times before he realized what happened. "Oh...ehm...no worries, I suppose," he spoke to the newcomer, hoping that the translator he had was still functioning. He instinctively moved out of the newcomer's path.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Scorched Earth Empty Re: Scorched Earth

Post  Vilkas Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:25 am

Seth got to the other side of the stranger and filed the articles away, the exact same way he found them. It was a nervous habit of his, everything had to be in place.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:28 am

Tzu looked over to the salarian curiously, putting the novel he was looking over away. He peered over to the articles the salarian was holding with one of his eyes. "...what are you reading over, might we ask?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 pm

"I was studying the disappearing colonies," Seth replied "you see, I plan to find out what is happening and put an end to it" Seth finished putting the discs away and turned to the alien, saying "though, at the moment, it is more so a suicide mission"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 am

Tzu's mandibles clicked in acknowledgement, "Are you in need of a ship or pilot?" he asked inquisitively, the subject matter giving him a few ideas.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 am

"Yes," Seth replied sheepishly "I was so busy gathering data I did not stop and consider a ship or pilot. I am such a scatterbrain"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 am

Tzu nodded once, "All the more convenient you had stumbled across us. I am in need of a leader, along with a purpose. If you feel as if you, or a member of your party, can provide both of these, then my ship and my talents are yours," he held one of his four arms out as if to shake 'hands' with the newcomer.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:23 am

Seth shook 'hands' with the pilot and said "My name is Seth Kullen. It is a pleasure to meet you"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 am

Tzu gave the alien a curt nod, "Our name is Tzu'Dezza, or Tzu if that is too much to say. Am I to assume that the two of us are the only members of the crew thus far?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 am

Seth shook his head and replied "There is one other. His name is Nihl, my turian companion"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:35 am

"A Turian, hmm?" Tzu muttered, "What role does he satisfy? Leader? Brawn? Technician?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am

"He fulfills two roles: a fighter, and a technician"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Tzu chuckles softly, "All the better...we're still missing several roles. Did you have any sort of plan for finding others to fill these roles?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 am

"At the moment I am awaiting information from my network"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am

Tzu blinked his five eyes confusedly. "Network?" he asked, wondering if it was anything like the Hivemind he has been so used to before.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:48 am

"Erm... friends" Seth tried to explain.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:55 am

Tzu finally realized what it was the alien in front of him was saying, "Ah, companions I assume. Well then, sir, what's the next course of action?" Out of habit, he stood 'at attention'.
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:58 am

"The best course to take at the moment would be to see the most recent colony that disappeared"
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 am

Tzu grunts an affirmitive, "Provide me with a crew and a destination, I'll provide the transport, as per our agreement. Shall I prepare the ship for the arrival of said crew?"

Pausing for a moment, he looked to the alien with concern. "I sense...hesitation, if not confusion. Perhaps we should check the market for any form of mercenary, or start asking which of the locals can provide the necessary services?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilkas Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 am

"Eh! Oh. Good idea" Seth replied. He wasn't used to being in lead.
Vilkas
Vilkas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Family God Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:57 am

Tzu turns down the hall of the library, walking out in the direction of the market. "First and foremost roles that must be filled are engineering and medical. Perhaps we may find a hireling or two over by the market, last I heard there was an uncommon species utilizing their kind as mercenaries or soldiers-for-hire. As for you, perhaps a talented medical officer may be here studying the anatomy of foreign species?"
The Family God
The Family God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next